Monday, October 19, 2015

Disney College Program Acceptance

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." -Walt Disney
Current Mood. I am elated that I have been selected to be a Disney College Program participant! I was accepted as a Full Service Food & Beverage Cast member. This is my journey through this program and I hope to capture as much magic and preserve it through this little -what's that word again, oh- blog.

The first thing most people ask me is "how did you get that!?" To which I answer, "do you want the long story or the short?" The long story begins with a 5 year old me, so I will cut ahead to today. I will say, Disney has always had a major influence on my life, so when approaching graduation it is no coincidence that I had my eye set on Disney. I had researched this program many times, and come close to applying many times, but the timing hadn't been right until this year. I graduate in December and I knew the program had start dates in early January. I went online to the Disney College Program website and went through each tab and did even more research on exactly what the Disney College Program was all about. After deciding to go for it & apply, the process was very quick (for me *I do understand that for others it took months). Here was my timeline of events:
  1. 9/9/15- I submitted my online application
  2. 9/10/15- I was asked to fill out an online two-part interview
    • this interview assess your personality and culture fit
    • you select the response that best describes yourself- key is to BE HONEST. These tests have a way to know if you are lying about your personality attributes
    • Some are multiple-choice and some ask you to rate items on a 1-to-5 scale.
  3. 9/15/15- I completed the online two-part interview
  4. 9/16/15- I received an e-mail to schedule a phone interview
    • this must be scheduled within 3 days of receiving the e-mail
    • it is easy to go online and schedule your 30 minute interview time & day
  5. 9/22/15- This was the day I scheduled for my phone interview!
  6. 9/24/15- I WAS ACCEPTED!
This is what the acceptance letter looks like, as you can see you only have 7 days to complete a couple steps and fully accept the internship.
 


Since receiving this e-mail I have been daydreaming non-stop about all of the amazing experiences that are coming my way! I will update this so that you all can keep track of my many magical moments!

See ya' real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment